I swear I didn't start this blog to just talk about the Grouse Grind... Yesterday, Grouse Mountain announced that it would be doubling the price of of its single download ticket - effective June 28th, the price will increase to $10 per ride down. The price of an annual membership is also increasing by $20 to $100 per year, effective July 18th.
The silver lining in this is that they've temporarily introduced a new 2-year membership (quite a commitment) for $163, which works out to about 18 grinds (after tax) at the new rate. After July 18th, the price of this pass will also increase to $180.
So while I was originally contemplating just doing the grind on a pay-as-you-go basis, I will now definitely be buying the new 2-year membership at the discounted rate.
But, I suspect it will be nearly impossible to convince friends and coworkers to do the Grind with the new rates - $10 is simply too much for a frequent workout, and the passes require too much of a commitment. Unfortunately, the Grind will likely only be trekked by avid hikers, and the occasional tourist.

*Assuming purchase of 2-year pass.

$10?!?! that's a lot for a student :)
ReplyDelete