Wednesday, June 16, 2010

First Serious Grind...

After work, caught a bus to North Van in order to set a pace for myself for the Grouse Grind for this season. It was a bit overcast... doing the grind in those conditions actually makes for a kindoff surreal experience - the mountain pokes up into the clouds, which gives you the feeling you're walking through some Tolkein-esque enchanted forest... totally different experience from a few days ago. And I'm not gonna lie, I definitely appreciated the cooler temperature.

While Grouse was covered in clouds, Downtown was still getting some rays.. Actually made for a really neat effect. I didn't have my camera, but I managed to snap this shot on my phone:



I think I need a new phone with a better camera...

Now for the stats:


Time: 1:03:43

Highest HR: 190 bpm

Average HR: 182 bpm

Recovery: 13 mins

Energy: 1,499 kcal



Suddenly, getting under 48 minutes seems like it will be far more difficult than anticipated... Here's a graph showing how this time, my first official "Personal Best" of 2010, compared with 2009:

No comments:

Post a Comment